10 September 2016

Too Faced | The Power of Makeup Palette by NikkieTutorials

Hey everyone!

Today's post is about this palette that Nikkie Tutorials worked on with Too Faced. I only received this last week and I was also lucky enough to go to her Meet and Greet in London last week Saturday and got to meet her. She is beautiful and very tall compared to me, you will see soon in the photos later in this post :)


I only own 2 other products from Too Faced, but I must say, their packaging is really cute and they did a really good job with this palette and making it resemble Nikkie Tutorials. This palette will definitely stand out in your makeup collection, I know I don't have any makeup product that have these leopard (or is it cheetah?) prints. Which is a good thing.


When you purchase this palette, you get some other goodies with it as well. Which makes the price so worth it! The other 4 products that you receive with the palette are; Too Faced Deluxe Glamour Dust Shade: Glitterally (1.0g), Too Faced Deluxe Shadow Insurance (5g), Too Faced Sketch Marker in Black(0.45ml) and the Too Faced Deluxe Better Than Sex Mascara Exclusive Purple Shade (4.8g). Only the Sketch Marker is Full Sized.

Most of these extra products are items that I have been wanting to try out from Too Faced, so I think it was a really good idea putting this whole pack together so now I can try out more products from Too Faced and see if they're worth buying the full sized products.

Now, for the star of the show, the swatches of the pretty shadows!



All these colours are swatched to almost the best of their abilities. All the shadows are buildable to great pigmentation as you can see in the swatches above. The only shade that had fall out from swatching with my fingers is the shade called, Sugar Coated. But, that does not bother me, I just have to becareful when dipping my brush on there when I come to use it.

The Chocolate Soleil shade took a lot to get the shade to be as vibrant as my swatch. But this may be a good thing because Chocolate Soleil is actually a bronzer from their regular line of makeup, which also makes a good edition to the palette. Having the shade to be not as pigmented as the shadows, allows you to easily build up your contour gradually without being worried that your going to add too much then struggle later to blend it out to make it look natural. An added bonus is that it also smells like chocolate!

Champagne Truffle also is not as pigmented as the shadows, however, this could also be a good thing because of the same reason as the bronzer mentioned above. This shade is also one of their shadows from the Chocolate Bar Palette. I don't own the Chocolate Soleil Bronzer or the Chocolate Bar Palette, so this is also something new to try from Too Faced.

The blush shades, I Will Always Love you and Jusitfy My Love, are so pretty and will definitely look good on the cheeks.

There are so many different looks to create with this palette, so it's definitely worth getting. Natural looks or colourful looks, with 2 blushes, a bronzer and a highligh in this palette, you can almost create a whole full look with this bundle pack. With the added bonus items, which justified me purchasing this whole bundle, I think it's a great idea as we can now try some of Too Faced products which are not limited edition. Although, the actually eyeshadow palette is limited edition. I must admit, when something like this is limited edition, I also use this to justify to myself to get this palette.

I bought this palette from the Debanhams website and collected it at my local Debanhams store. However, I cannot find this on their website at the moment. The official Too Faced website still has this palette in stock and you can visit the website HERE. This whole bundle is going for £48 on the Too Faced website and they do deliver to the UK. Or, if your local Debanhams does stock all the Too Faced products including this palette then do go have a look in the store if you like what you see.

Here are the photos I spoke about in the beginning of this post from her London Meet and Greet last week. I love how Too Faced came and handed these heart shaped signs, so cute!




It was a fun day to be among all of Nikki's fans and my cousin who I went along with to the Meet and Greet.
Those Snapchat Geo Tags made the event extra special lol.

My overall thoughts on the Power of Makeup Palette; would I recommend this product?

If you're an eyeshadow palette junkie, like myself, you probably own a bunch of eyeshadow palettes which will include the same colours as this palette does. Therefore, the colours won't be new to you and probably won't suggest buying it for that reason.

However, if you're like me, and is a person that likes to support beauty bloggers and their collaborations then yes go and buy it. The other reason I bought this palette is because I wanted to try out Too Faced products. When I saw the price of this palette, I did think it was expensive but then I saw all the other extra products that come with it and this sold it to me.

Have you got your hands on The Power of Makeup Palette yet? What are your favourite Too Faced makeup products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS