19 September 2015

Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette Review & Swatches!

Hey there everyone!

Long time no blog! :(

I went on holiday in August for 2 weeks to Madeira and since I got back, I have just been busy busy.

Anyways, enough with the excuses - let's get to the real reason you are reading this blog post. I bought this beautiful palette before I went on holiday and I didn't even use it until I took photos of the swatches.



Introducing the beautiful Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette!
I always thought smoky was spelt like "smokey" ...  I guess it's one of those words that can be spelt in more ways than one! Learn something new every day!


I will just start off by saying that this palette is BEAUTIFUL!

I did contemplate a little bit as to whether or not I need another palette in my life, but after a day I went back to Debanhams and bought it.

Didn't take much convincing...

PACKAGING:


The one thing about Urban Decay that I always love is their packaging! I love their packaging for all their products and with this palette they have really gone all out to portray the smokey element of the product.


This palette is made of strong transparent plastic/acrylic and there is a smokey image texture that shows up within. It is a very good size, not so bulky like the Naked 2 and 3 paletted which were of a tin-like packaging. This is definitely more sleek and stylish.


This palette also opens and closes very smoothly as it is magnetized. 
Which is pretty cool I might add! You also get a mirror within the palette as they always do with their palettes, making it easier to use when travelling.


You also get a free brush in the palette, if you know of their other palettes, they usually include a brush, which I think is a great idea and adds more value to the product.

Time for the fun part!

SWATCHES:

 Shades from left to right:

High - A pretty light rose gold colour, good for highlighting. (shimmer)
Dirty Sweet - A copper/gold colour. (shimmer)
Radar - Brown (shimmer)
Armor - A greyish/purple toned shade (shimmer)
Slanted - A very muted blue colour with hints of grey (shimmer)
Dagger - A very dark blue shade (matte)


Shades from left to right:

Black Market - As the name suggests - a matte black
Smolder - A very dark purple. Comes out darker than what you see on the pan. (matte)
Password - A smokey purple shade (matte)
Whiskey - A matte brown
Combust - A very light pink shade (matte)
Thirteen - An even lighter pink shade, almost looks like white. Perfect for highlighting the brow bone. (matte)

COLOUR:

The colour pigmention is pretty good throughout! You get a very good mix of colours here with this palette, which allows you to do many different types of looks. You can go for a subtle smokey, or a dramatic smokey. The choice is yours! The colour swatches really well and blends in prefectly! You get 5 shimmer shades and 7 matte shades. Urban Decay never disappoints me with their eyeshadows. Love it!

PRICE:

I paid £38 for this palette that I bought at Debenhams. I will admit, it is expensive and I really don't need another palette in my collection. But, I am a very big fan of Urban Decay - so it was really tempting. However, I do think you get your moneys worth because you get 12 beautiful eyeshadows (which is probably enough to last you a few years) packed in beautiful packaging. You also get a free brush. 

Overall, I think this palette is great! I have used it twice already, and I'm enjoying it. Have you got your hands on this palette yet? Which Urban Decay Palettes are your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS