26 September 2015

My First Birchbox | September Edition

Hey there everyone!

Today's post will be about this months edition of Birchbox, which is also my first ever Birchbox box!


This month is a special month for Birchbox as it is their birthday box. They are now 5 years old and by reading the little booklet inside the box, it states that they are the oldest beauty subscription box out there. Impressive!

I have only tried out one beauty subscription box before this one, which was called Glossybox. I stopped subscribing with them 1 or 2 years ago but this was only because I starting getting too much products! 

But now, I wanted to start it again and try out a new company. I entered Birchbox's Bonanza thing online and I received 50% of my first box. Bargain!


I was really surprised at the products I got in this box! My mouth dropped when I saw there was a Laura Mercier product in my box. The overall theme to this months box, was all American products!

With Birchbox, you get around 5 beauty product samples and for this box I got an extra beauty bonus item which is the Birchbox brush. To me, it looks like the tangle teezer!
Anyways, all these products come all cosied up in a little Birchbox bag which is really cute and it's also something you can use again for other things. As with every beauty box, you always get a leaflet or booklet explaining what products you got in the box, the price and how to use it. Which is always good to find out how to use something, especially if it's a new type of product that you have not tried before or unsure of using.


THE PRODUCTS

Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish 11.3g (worth £26 for 100g)

John Masters Organics 30ml (worth £16 for 235ml)

Bliss Foot Patrol AHA Exfoliating Softening Creme 30ml (worth £18.50 for 75ml)

Laqa & Co Cheeky Lip Pencil shade Humble Brag (worth £16.75)

Benefit POREfessional: License to blot 1.4g (worth £15.50 for 4.3g)

BEAUTY BONUS:

The Birchbrush (worth £5.99)


Overall, I am pretty happy with the contents of my first box from Birchbox! I will stay subscribed for a few more months and see how it goes. Pretty impressed so far. The products I got are mostly products that I will use and they are all in a good enough size to get a good feel of the product. 

I think I got good value of products than what I actually paid. Who can complain with that? :)

If you want to give Birchbox a try, you can check out their website HERE
I think they may still have this particular box going but it's going fast!

What did you get in your box?

Which beauty box subscription box is your favourite?


No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS