2 May 2015

Makeup Revolution Awesome Metals Foil Finish Eyeshadows!

Hey there everyone!

How are we all doing? 
Enjoying the bank holiday weekend?

This is just a small post about these babies...



Makeup Revolution Awesome Metals Foil Finish Eyeshadows!

I have no idea when these came out but a few weeks ago I was browsing the makeup aisles in Superdrug casually and these caught my eye pretty quickly!

I have been cutting down on buying makeup, slightly lol, because I already have so much. But when I saw these, I realised I don't have something like this in my collection. So naturally I had to get it.
They just looked so crazy pigmented - and they so are!


Each of them come with their own mixing plate and little tube of primer to use with it. I have swatched these eyeshadows with and without the primer to see the difference.


The shades I bought were: 
From left to right, Rose Gold, Emerald Goddess and Black Diamond

WITHOUT PRIMER

As I swatched them for the first time today, I expected the texture to be quite solid. But it was actually creamy! I like the texture being creamy because this will allow you to apply it better and spread it nice and evenly on your lids. 

The pigmentation of the shadows are really good and that is even without the primer!

Below are the swatches mixed with the primer


WITH PRIMER
The pigmentation is still really good with the primer and applies more gently with it feeling more liquidy. I would probably use these eyeshadows without the supplied primer because it is quite a fuss to get the tray out and use this liquid primer. It would be much quicker to use a regular primer. 

Anyways, my thoughts on these eye shadows are pretty good! They swatched really well, with really good pigmentation as I expected. I'm looking forward to trying these out for a dramatic eye look. I bought these at Superdrug for £5.00 each. I think at the time, the makeup throughout the store was 3 for 2. Hence the reason I went for 3 shades lol. I think they are worth the money for sure! Bargain!

I have seen online that these have been compared to the Stila Metal Eyeshadows.
I have not tried those, so I cannot compare the two. 
Have any of you tried both of these products and which do you prefer?

Do let me know your thoughts of if you would want me to try a look with any of these eyeshadows!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous. Need to order myself some when i next place a superdrug order. X

    http://beckylovesxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know they had these! Such a gorgeous finish!

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS