26 July 2012

e.l.f Cosmetics 50% Off Sale Haul & Swatches

Hey there ladies!

Not to long ago, e.l.f Cosmetics had a massive 50% off sale going on. They used to do this kind of sale before but they stopped it for good. But, by popular demand they brought it back. So you can imagine how many orders they must of got! So, I just had to take advantage of this sale! The majority of the products I bought were products that I havn't tried yet. Good opportunity to try out new things - good times! :) 


Okay! Let's get started, enjoy :)

Natural Eyeshadow Palette


-swatches of top row-


 -swatches of bottom row-


I bought this palette so that I can practice creating natural looks either for work or just going to casual places. As swatching them, I could tell that they are very pigmented! However, they do seem a bit chalky, so becareful when applying on your eye lid. Other than that, it looks pretty good and pigmentation is very good. This is also easy for travelling as it comes with a little mirror and a mini brush. Easy reach for on-the-go touch ups!

Normal Selling Price: £3.75

Translucent Matte Powder


I have always had my eye on this powder to use after I apply my foundation/tinted moisturiser. However, I have been using their mineral booster in sheer. I was going to repurchase it but it was out of stock. So I bought this translucent powder hoping that it would do a similar job. I like how it comes all compact with a sponge and mirror! Once again, another product that's easy to carry with you in your hand bag ;)

Normal Selling Price: £3.75

Complete Coverage Concealer (shade light)




 -swatches from left to right-


Bought this concealer palette because I wanted to try and create a concealer to cover up my dark circles. Even though this product seems good, I probably won't use it because I bought the wrong shade! :( 
But I guess I will still give it a go and try and make it work! If not, I will give it to someone.

Normal Selling Price: £3.75

Duo Powder Eyeshadow



Once again, another product I purchased to create a natural look. First impressions of this is that it's very pigmented and colours look really good and it will look good when blended together on the eye lid.

Normal Selling Price: £1.50

Pigment Eyeshadow (shades, passionate purple, breezy blue, naturally nude)





I love these! The colours look so pretty. The colour pay off is quiet good aswel :) The packaging is very cute and small, as you can see from the picture, small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. Little brush included - Bonus!

Normal Selling Price: £3.75

Studio Cream Blush (shade flirt)





Been wanting to try out this product for awhile now simply because I have not tried out a cream blush yet and I wanted to try it. I already have a stippling brush, which is one of the best ways of applying it to your cheeks. The texture feels like soft clay then feels like a smooth powder when applying. I like it. The packaging is kind of on the big side compared to usual blushers, so it may take up a lot of space in your make up bag - but don't let that stop you! 

Normal Selling Price: £6.50

Mineral Lip Gloss (shades pageant princess and sorority girl)



 -swatches - right = pageant princess left = sorority girl-


I like these! The colours seem natural and not too out there. I don't like to wear lip products that are in-your-face. They have a thick texture but feel smooth on the lips.

Normal Selling Price: £3.50

Lip Stain (shade birthday suit)



I actually bought this product for my sister in law who was looking for a bright pink lipstick. But, I don't think she will like this. I'm not to fond of this one. The pink stain is a runny, watery texture. I'm not to fond of that kind of texture. However, it is a nice bright pink shade :)

Normal Selling Price: £3.75

Get The Look (sultry and smokey)





This is a very nice kit. You get good value for money as you get 3 VERY pigmented eyeshadows, an eye liner, mascara, eye shadow brush and a mechanical eye lash curler. I decided to buy this because I want to learn how to create the classic smokey eye look! I can practice with these shades of eye shadow. However, it was a bit disappointing that the mascara in this kit was a bit dried out and gloopy. But it's okay, I can just use my every day mascara.

Normal Selling Price: £7.00

And there you have it! All the products I bought in the 50% off sale! I hope you enjoyed reading and found the swatches and comments helpful.

Here is the e.l.f cosmetics website from where I purchased their products:

:) x

4 comments:

  1. great haul! would love to see a review of the complete coverage concealer!:)

    www.themake-upcounter.blogspot.co.uk :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for your input! Will try out the complete coverage concealer even though it's a shade lighter :) Then will see how well it works x

      Delete
  2. Hey,
    Did you manage to try the translucent powder yet? Please let me know how it goes :)
    I love the smokey eye shadow. So full and pigmented. Would go perfect for my smokey look.
    So glad I got that purple pigment shadow! Looks so good in the swatch! That blue and nude also look sexy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyo!
      Not tried out the translucent powder yet. I only use it when I apply foundation or a tinted moisturiser. Will let you know how well it works when I try it :)
      The pigments do look really good hey!

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS