17 February 2013

February 2013 Glossybox

Hey there everyone!

Hope you all had a great weekend. It has been such a hectic working week for me. My week has basically just consisted of being at work. But, I had a nice short shift today so I have some time to dedicate to my blog and do this post that I have wanted to do a few days ago already. 

Yup, that good time of the month where you get that present at your door from Glossybox :D


Eeek! This month's box is so cute! It really put a smile on my face when I opened the box and saw this month's themed Glossybox. Valentine's Day! I really appreciate the effort that they have done with making the box look different and lovely :)


Below are the products that I got in my box:


Micabella Cosmetics
Mineral Blush Powder (shade: Sierra Suede) 0.8g

Full Size Price: £34.95 for 9g

This is a very generous sample of a mineral blush. Would last awhile. I don't tend to reach for mineral products these days because it is a messy product to work with because it's a powder. However, I do like to use a powder to set my make up. But when it comes to eye shadows or blushes, I prefer it to be solid in a palette or something. Set aside all of that, this does look like a nice and neutral pink shade and I would try it out.





MeMeMe Cosmetics
Beat the Blues
12ml

Full size price: £5.50 per 12ml
 (therefore I received this as a full size product *whoopwhoop*)

So this is a skin illuminator. I don't often use a lot of highlighting products for my face. Sometimes, I don't know if it makes such a big difference. This does seem to have a high level of highlight, which is a plus! Not to keen on the applicator of the bristle brush though! Would be more fitting if I'm painting my nails with it. Hehe. 


Q
The Fine Fragrance Body Spray (100ml)

Full Size price: £2.29 
(another full sized sample)

Mmmmm this does smell good! It has a gentle floral smell. Not overpowering at all. Have never heard of this brand but it is affordable and easy to find. 




Helen E Cosmetics
Moisturing Lipstick

Full size price: £8 per 3.5g
(full sized sample)

I am loving how this month's box has quiet a few make up products :)
I tried out this lipstick and it applies very well. The consistency of the lipstick is nice and smooth and not drying on the lips. However, I will have to be in a daring mood to try out this dark and seductive red shade as I usually go for pinks on my lips. 



Docteur Renaud
Raspberry Soft Cream (30ml)

Full size price: £25 for 50ml

This is the perfect size for your handbag! It's always handy to carry around a cream for when your hands seem to be screaming out for some moisture like mine are these days! The smell of this cream is sooooooo GOOD! A nice and sweet smelling lotion, ofcourse Raspberry scented. Does definitely leave the skin feeling all nice and soft. 

Last but not least...The Valentine's Day bonus treat from Glossybox!


Awww, another cute gesture from Glossybox!
This box was aimed at creating a nice Valentine's day feel and look! I think it succeeded. 

***

Hope you all also had a good Valentine's Day. I was just stuck at work for the whole day lol.

Thank you for reading!

Lily :) x





3 comments:

  1. I received the same but without the meme item and the body spay, i got a shadow double and a shower gel. i love the way they packaged this months valentines day box, great review! :)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great box! Glossy is pretty terrible in Canada, and I know a lot of girls are unsubbing this month. I love the lipstick shade and the highlighter looks super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a good box. Although, I do prefer the stuff in Birchbox. Glossybox hasn't impressed me much.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS